The purpose of this project has always been much more than the simple replacement of the existing facility and services.
This development provides an opportunity to support integration to enable and facilitate fundamental change in the way in which health and social care is delivered to the people of Eastwood. The underlying principle is to tackle health inequalities by improving the delivery of health and social services that are shaped around the needs of patients through the devel0pment of partnerships and co-operation between patients: their carers and families. A signiﬁcant agilemﬂsing office is located in the building for East Renfrewshire community based staff. to foster closer integration with NHS GG&C.
This builds upon the successful model initiated by them at Barrhead Health Centre.
- Work began on the new £16 million Health and Social Care Centre in Eastwood in December 2014 and was completed June 2016.
- The new facility delivered in partnership between NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, East Renfrewshire Council and HUB.
- West Scotland, designed by award winning architects Gareth Hoskins, and constructed by Morgan Sindall, is located in a highly accessible location in Eastwood and provides a state of the art health care facility fit for the 21 st Century.
- This new centre provides improved access to a range of Primary Care Services including 5 GP Practices, physiotherapy, podiatry, district nursing, health visitors. adult mental health, childrens services and a range of other community services adult mental health, and community enterprise café.
- The arts project aims to increase wellbeing. improve peoples’ experience of visiting the centre and to engender a sense of community ownership of the building and its environment.
Hub West Scotland
Apollo and it’s partners have been appointed by the Western Territory Hub Programme Board as their partner to deliver over £200m of public sector infrastructure projects for 16 West Scotland public sector bodies across Glasgow, Inverclyde, East and West Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire.
Apollo sits alongside Com unity Solutions investments Partners Limited and Morgan Sindall investments as shareholders in WellSpring Partnership Limited. the joint venture partnership formed to deliver these projects. Since reaching financial close in April 2012 and forlnal launch in October 2012, the WellSpring Partnership has seen a total of 13 projects progress through development and delivery.
The current Business Plan has identiﬁed the potential to develop an estimated £250m worth of projects. We have worked to reach financial close on five projects in the first half of 2014 and a further seventeen planned in 2015. These comprise of two further major health centres (with a further eight in feasibility), a specialist care home, primary and secondary schools, council facilities and leisure centres.
Project type: Major urban integrated health & care centre
Project value: £16.7m
Size: 6,015 sq m;
Up to 15 GPs;
Up to 25,000 patients
Delivery: 72 weeks
Agile working ofﬁces for:
East Renfrewshire Council
5 GP Practices
Adult Mental Health
Community Enterprise Cafe