- Create a high-quality hub for primary care in the east of Cardiff
- Bring services based in four locations into one facility
- Secure expert help with disposal of existing premises
- Creation of state-of-the-art premises for Wales largest single site practice
- BREEAM Excellent energy-efficient building
- 26kW rooftop solar photovoltaic panels installed able to generate 40 per cent of the buildings electricity
- Apollo arranged the disposal of the previous premises
- Community engagement through Apollo-funded public and school art projects
- Stunning split-level waiting areas with feature stairway
- Unique folding door feature allows waiting area to extend into central courtyard
Working with Apollo to create such a fantastic facility has been very rewarding. We are thrilled with our new home.
Dr Gerson, lead GP
We have worked with Apollo for over four years to create the new centre. Throughout, their attention to detail and ability to listen and interpret our requirements has been outstanding.
Kim Came, practice manager
Apollo and Rob James have been thoroughly professional throught the scheme and have created an excellent facility for the staff and visitors to Rumney.
Eleri Crudgington, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board lead
I really enjoyed the visits to both Rumney and Cloughmore, very different schemes in terms of size and location, both with very different challenges. However, the one common theme was the quality and attention to detail. Very well done on another two quality schemes.
Nigel Davies, Head of Estates Development, NHS Wales
Project type: Creation of new primary care hub – Wales’s largest single site practice
Project value: £6m
2,137 sq m;
Delivery: 52 weeks
Client / occupiers:
Dr Gerson & Partners;
Cardiff & Vale University Health Board;
G S Bhogal Pharmacy