- Create modern healthcare premises for medical practice which has served the local community since 1941
- Deliver state-of-the-art medical centre to regenerate former industrial site and celebrate its past
- High-quality building bringing new life to redundant brownfield site
- Successful delivery of scheme at only available location. Site assembly involving multiple planning applications and a landmark Lands Tribunal case
- Apollo, which specialises in the development, investment and management of primary healthcare premises, also developed a new regional office on the site
- Apollo joined forces with local charity Bullwood and local craftsman Paul Hodgkiss to enable timber from trees on the site to be made into beautifully crafted waiting room benches, reception desks and storage
- The galvanized fence and a wooden sculpture made from a railway sleeper reference the site’s former identity as a galvanizing works and railway goods yard.
- Reception area artwork reflects the history of this long-established medical practice and its staff
- Building opened by Nicola Sturgeon, Deputy First Minister for Scotland, in December 2011
- BREEAM ‘Excellent’ energy-efficient building
- EPC rating ‘8’
We are very fortunate and grateful to have been provided with such a wonderful building which is light and spacious and finished to such a high standard, incorporating lots of features of local history in its design.
Dr Ron Wolfe, Rutland Surgery
The new building Will help enable the practice to deliver high-quality, safe services to their patients, while also ensuring improved access to primary care services.
Nicola Sturgeon, Deputy First Minister for Scotland
Proiect type: Creation of modern purpose-built premises for community-focused medical practice on a city centre, brownfield site
Project value: £1 .3m
Size: 505 sq m;
Delivery: 47 weeks
Apollo Capital Projects