- Redevelop site in the heart of Shipley town centre to create larger, purpose-built health centre serving the local area and wider north Bradford community.
- Enable the medical practice to remain open during the construction programme.
- Creation of modern three-storey building.
- Apollo Medical secured temporary accommodation for both the centre’s clinical services and its support staff making it possible for the redevelopment to go ahead.
- EPC rating ‘B’.
- Clinical services over two floors.
- Minor surgery suite.
- Meeting room suite for external use.
- Self-contained ground-floor clinical suite.
- Shared staff and meeting room accommodation with outside space.
We feel very fortunate to have these wonderful facilities and in having all our staff together on one site. It will provide us with the space we need to expand our services and we will be considering how best to use it for real benefits to our communities in the future.
Paula Guiry, Practice Manager, Shipley Medical Practice
Project type: Redevelopment of the existing PCT-owned health centre to provide brand-new, purpose-built facilities
Project value: £7.5m
2,600 sq m;
Delivery: 56 weeks
Client / occupiers:
Shipley Medical Practice;
Local Community Partnerships;
NHS Dental Services;