- Create purpose-built town centre premises for the two GP practices each seeking to move from their existing premises to more modern accommodation
- Deliver a high-quality building which would enable each practice to retain its own identity and which would also complement and enhance the existing townscape
- Three-storey, modern building in the centre of the town
- Regeneration of underused town centre site leading to improved facilities for Algernon Firth Park
- Successful co-location of the two GP practices which operate from separate floors while sharing staff and administration accommodation
- Colour palettes and interior design features ensure each practice keeps its own identity
- Energy-efficient underfloor heating system using an air source heat pump which minimises power usage and reduces the buildings carbon footprint
- Apollo commissioned a local artist to produce a piece of artwork celebrating the sites history. Developed in consultation with the Council and local historians, the resulting stainless steel sculpture of a cascading roll of carpet over the main entrance references the local areas status as a centre for carpet manufacturing.
Throughout the planning and building process we have been impressed by the willingness of Apollo to listen to our requirements and incorporate them whenever possible. The resulting iconic building is of a high quality, a landmark for healthcare in the town, and one which provides an inspiring environment for both staff and patients.
Dr Jim Lee, Undercliffe Surgery
The Apollo team were very professional in their approach throughout with a can do attitude and attention to the detail. The end result is a magnificent primary care building serving the local community for many years to come.
Dr David Kelly, Brookroyd Surgery
Project type: Relocation of two established GP practices to a modern, purpose-built primary care centre in the heart of Heckmondwike
Project value: £5.25m
1,800 sq m;
Delivery: 50 weeks
Client / occupiers:
Locala Community Partnerships