This project’s purpose has always been much more than the simple replacement of the existing facility and services.
This development provides an opportunity to support integration to enable and facilitate fundamental change in how health and social care is delivered to the people of Eastwood. The underlying principle is to tackle health inequalities by improving the delivery of health and social services shaped around the needs of patients through the development of partnerships and co-operation between patients: their carers and families. A signiﬁcant agilemﬂsing office is located in the building for East Renfrewshire community-based staff. To foster closer integration with NHS GG&C.
This builds upon the successful model initiated by them at Barrhead Health Centre.
- Work began on the new £16 million Health and Social Care Centre in Eastwood in December 2014 and was completed June 2016.
- The new facility delivered in partnership between NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, East Renfrewshire Council and the HUB West Scotland,
- Designed by award-winning architect Gareth Hoskins, and constructed by Morgan Sindall, the new facility is located in a highly accessible location in Eastwood and provides a state of the art health care facility fit for the 21 st Century.
- This new centre provides improved access to a range of Primary Care services, including 5 GP Practices, physiotherapy, podiatry, district nursing, health visitors, adult mental health, children’s services, and other community services such as community enterprise café.
- The art project aims to increase wellbeing. Improve peoples’ experience of visiting the centre and engender a sense of community ownership of the building and its environment.
Hub West Scotland
Apollo and it’s partners have been appointed by the Western Territory Hub Programme Board to deliver over £200m of public sector infrastructure projects for 16 West Scotland public sector bodies across Glasgow, Inverclyde, East and West Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire.
Apollo sits alongside Community Solutions Investments Partners Limited and Morgan Sindall investments as shareholders in WellSpring Partnership Limited. The joint venture partnership formed to deliver these projects. Since reaching financial close in April 2012 and formal launch in October 2012, the WellSpring Partnership has seen 13 projects progress through development and delivery.
The current Business Plan has identiﬁed the potential to develop an estimated £250m worth of projects. We have reached financial close on five projects in the first half of 2014, and a further seventeen planned in 2015. These comprise two further major health centres (with a further eight in feasibility), a specialist care home, primary and secondary schools, council facilities and leisure centres.
Project type: Major urban integrated health & care centre
Project value: £16.7m
Size: 6,015 sq m;
Up to 15 GPs;
Up to 25,000 patients
Delivery: 72 weeks
Agile working ofﬁces for:
East Renfrewshire Council
5 GP Practices
Adult Mental Health
Community Enterprise Cafe