- Relocate as close as possible to the existing surgery into larger, fully compliant and energy-efficient accommodation
- Create a building capable of being easily extended with minimal disruption to patient services
- Enable the provision of an integrated pharmacy business
- Modern building adjacent to the former surgery and in accessible edge-of-city-centre location on a main road
- Regeneration of redundant, council-owned site
- Split waiting areas over two floors
- Building can be extended without difficulty
- Roof-mounted photovoltaic panels resulting in reduced operating costs
- Naturally ventilated building
- Integral new pharmacy business
Our thanks to Apollo for providing such a high-quality, well designed building which we feel sure will enable us to provide quality primary care services for Our patients and the local community.
We are particularly impressed with the eco-friendly features of the building and the high-quality finish. The new medical centre has an outstanding profile on the main Otley Road and has been designed internally to provide an excellent working environment for our team. We particularly appreciate Apollo’s attention to detail which makes all the difference between a purely functional and a very attractive building.
Dr Wendy Leedham, GP partner
The practice selected Apollo as our development partner for our new premises based on the high quality and individual design element of their buildings and we haven‘t been disappointed. Our new medical centre is as attractive as it is functional. The building has been tailored to support the way that we deliver primary care services and Apollo were very responsive to our requirements; specifically the space to provide open access for our patients and the desire to avoid isolated working. We now have an impressive building which has cleverly maximised natural light and promotes a feeling of spaciousness. The new medical centre enables Farrow Medical Centre and now also Farrow Pharmacy to continue the 60-year legacy originally founded by Dr Stefan Farrow of providing quality,‘patient-focused healthcare in the Otley Road area of Bradford.
Fiona Reid, practice manager
Project type: Relocation of long-established medical practice into purpose-built, energy-efficient premises
Project Value: £2.25m
Size: 820 sq m;
Delivery: 40 weeks
Farrow Medical Centre;